Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Know, I Know...

Me no post long time. And that isn't because we had a baby or are anywhere near apparently having a baby. The kid cried wolf a couple of weeks ago, and after that, nothing doing.

I have been really busy getting crap taken care of at work, so I can be ready to take a paternity leave. That is, I could have just dumped all my workload on someone and it probably would have been fine, but I've now pushed the Sysiphean boulder to a leveled-off point where it won't totally flatten whoever picks up where I left off, and I won't need to feel totally guilty about it.

So, now, Sandy and I are both at home, watching too much bad cable TV. She's had a head start, having taken off of work a couple of weeks ago, and she's watched every house-flipping, secret-ingredient-cooking-off, secret-ninja-warrioring, myth-busting, dirty-jobbing and "A Dating/ Wedding/ Baby/ Mid-life Crisis Story" show there is. Dear God, I caught her watching "The View" on Friday.

It's time to induce, just so we can do something meaningful with our lives again.

Stay tuned.

No comments: